Nature often holds up a mirror so we can
see more clearly the ongoing processes of growth,
renewal, and transformation in our lives.
Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone.
There’s nothing you can do to bring it back.
You can’t should’ve done something.
You can only DO something.
Release that attachment.
Today is a new day!
Inside myself is a place where I live all alone
and that is where I renew my springs
that never dry up.
~Pearl S. Buck~
Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age
or condition, there are still untapped possibilities
within us and new beauty waiting to be born.
~Dale E. Turner~
Renewal requires opening yourself up
to new ways of thinking and feeling.
I haven’t participated in the Weekly Photo Challenge for a while, but this week’s theme caught my attention: Renewal. Self-renewal is essential for growth and well-being, and personally, I need to renew every day – periods of time (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours) to refresh and reawaken my energy, my thoughts, my attitude. I also like to look at every morning as a time for renewal – a fresh start. Here are a few definitions of renew I found online that I especially like: to begin again, to become new again, to give new life to, to breathe new life into, to recreate, to rejuvenate, restore to freshness.
Ten things I find effective to reinvigorate my mind, body, or spirit – to re-create myself:
1. A walk in the fresh air
2. Yoga (sometimes 10 minutes on my yoga mat is enough)
3. Play with my dogs, or just cuddle with them
4. A long talk with one of my girlfriends (usually involving laughter)
5. Create – knit, draw, collage, bead, write, bake
6. Alternate Nostril Breathing (Nadi Sodhana)
7. Read poetry
8. Get lost in a good novel
9. Read or listen to David Whyte – one of my go-to-guys for inspiration
10. Music – even better when I move my body to the beat
What do you do for self-renewal?